Welcome to Allentown Orthodontist!
Allentown Orthodontist is your local dental office with a strong emphasis on individual and professional approach to each of our patients. We provide our clients with the latest in advanced dental technology that expands the scope of dental care while increasing comfort and reducing the pain of procedures. A healthy smile requires regular check ups. We want to help our patients overcome their fear of the dentist, which can often lead to delays in seeking the necessary dental treatments needed to maintain healthy teeth. Don't delay in providing your teeth the care it needs.
Let yourself have the brilliant smile you deserve!
Our offices are located at in Allentown. To set up an appointment visit our contact page and schedule an appointment now!
Things You Should Know On Preventing Bad Breath
The prevention of bad breath is not easy difficult as you would think it is. Assuming you already know the causes of it, it’s time you need to learn and realize how to prevent it for good. You see, there are temporary solutions but the best course of action is still to embrace a habit of preventing it so that it won’t be happening to you anymore.
In this post, we’ll be looking at the different ways of effective prevention in order halt and eliminate the possibilities of obtaining or suffering from halitosis. However, be guided that if what you are experiencing is chronic bad breath, you will need to see your dentist since there may be more serious problems that need to be addressed.
1. The most important way of preventing bad breath is to brush your teeth and do some flossing at least twice a day. Brushing and flossing are a must after eating, especially when it’s a heavy meal comprised of spices, herbs, and meat. Also, sugar-based foods and drinks also contribute to bad breath when they thrive in the mouth. Part of brushing is cleaning the tongue. You can also use a tongue scraper. Every brushing session must be finished with rinsing with water or mouthwash.
2. Also, successfully avoid getting bad breath by having to visit the dentist on a regular basis. Regular in this sense means you need to go see your dentist every six months or based on the specific instructions given to you. The purpose of regular visits is to see if there are signs of oral health problems and the complete examination of the teeth and gums. If there are any signs of cavity, tooth decay, and tartar, a professional cleaning is done by the dental hygienist to prevent bad breath.
3. The prevention of bad breath is likewise achievable when signs of dental problems are immediately treated the moment they appear. The good thing is that your dentist will know if there is a need for treatment in the event of tooth decay, gum problems, and abscessed teeth.
4. Not a lot of people know but one very convenient and simply way of preventing bad breath is to chew parsley after a meal. Parsley is effective in curbing halitosis because it is rich in chlorophyll – a substance referred to as a natural breath freshener.
5. You can also use a few drops of peppermint oil or tea tree oil on your tongue or perhaps use the oil with the toothbrush together with your usual toothpaste. An alternative is to use toothpaste or a type of mouth rinse that contains natural oil and antibacterial properties. They can effectively kill bacteria that lead to halitosis.
Finally, if you are really serious about getting rid of bad breath and then prevent it from coming back again, you have to start contemplating on the food you’re eating. There are several types of food that when consumed heavily, will lead to bad breath. Also, you need to quit smoking. Everything we’ve written above makes no sense if you don’t give up smoking.